Labels

Acland St (11) Albert Park (39) Alma Rd (1) Alowyn Gardens (3) Altona (1) Ascot Vale (46) Australia (103) Balmoral Ave (13) Beach Rd (19) Bendigo Joss House Temple (2) Birdwood Ave (5) Birrarung Marr (29) Bourke St (61) Box Hill (51) Brighton beach (3) Brisbane (39) Brunswick (9) Brunswick St (13) Buckingham Ave (11) Buckley St (3) Burleigh Heads (2) Carlton St (1) Carrington Rd (4) Collingwood (3) Collins Arcade (27) Collins St (86) Cragieburn Rd (5) Craigieburn (10) Craigieburn Rd (8) Dandenong (1) De Graves st (66) Dockland (9) Elizabeth St (50) Epsom Rd (49) Exhibition St (14) Fairfield (1) Federation Square (51) Fitzroy St (23) Flinders lane (17) Flinders st (73) Footscray (2) Hardware Lane (1) Hopetoun Tea Rooms (4) Hosier Lane (26) Ivanhoe (1) Jeff's Shed (1) Kerr St (1) King St (3) Lake Tyrrell (1) Lakeside Drive (37) Latrobe St (42) Little Collins St (8) Little Flinders Lane (19) Lonsdale st (13) Luna Park (9) Lygon St (1) Maroondah Hwy (1) Melba Hwy (2) Melbourne Central (12) Mornington Peninsula (2) Narre Warren (1) National Gallery Victoria (2) Nelson Rd (8) New Chancery Lane (1) Nicholson St (4) Noosa (2) Northcote (4) Pellegrini's Espresso Bar (1) Pier St (1) Port Melbourne (1) Port of Melbourne (2) Pousties Rd (4) Prahan (4) Presgraves Place (2) Princes Bridge (5) Punt Rd (1) Queen St (1) Queen Victoria (31) Racecourse Rd (2) Russell St (24) South Melbourne (5) South Yarra (2) Spencer St (14) Spring St (5) Springvale (42) St Kilda (38) St Kilda Esplanade (1) St Kilda Rd (20) Station St (8) Sydney CBD (6) Sydney Rd (2) The Block Arcade (1) The Causeway (15) Victoria St (6) Victoria parade (1) Werribee Park Mansion (1) Werribee South (1) Whitehorse Rd (3) Whittlesea (31) Williams St (3) Yarra Bend Rd (1) Yarra Boulevard (1) Yarra Glen (3) Yarra River (5) Yarraville (7) collin st (1) little bourke st (16) little lonsdale st (3) south Bank (65) southern cross station (5) state library (11) state parliament (1) swanston st (166) sydney (12)

Monday, February 3, 2025

Melbourne Candid Series #965 Box Hill Central

 


This style of photography, wherein the head is cleft in twain, is esteemed within the genre. I require further practice in this art.

Sony A7RV

Sigma 24mm f3.5 

Check out Candid 724 and FACE OFF





24 comments:

  1. ...a style that is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Avedon was a master of cutting off the head in his portrait photos. I've never understood the appeal of this style. Your photo has captured the social interaction at this shopping mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So long as you're cleaving a head in twain with a camera and not an axe, I guess it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture. I think you don't need any more practice in this art.
    I wish you a successful and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cleft in twain...a new one for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this kind of photography. I prefer spontaneity to perfection (that's street photography).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me parece una imagen muy bien compuesta.
    Que tengas una buena semana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes for an interesting image, and there's so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buen acercamiento a tu idea. El trabajo y la libertad de sentir la necesidad de alcanzar algo es el motor que se necesita. Adelante

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying out other styles of photography too

      Delete
  10. Maybe its done to protect the identity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your black and white photography. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always surprised by such close snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This photo is great! It tricks you at first into thinking its a person... but no. The real people are in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  14. No conocía ese estilo. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that's an interesting goal, Roentare! I'll have to see if I can cut such a shot. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting and I really like it. Thank you for sharing with FFO.

    ReplyDelete