Monday, July 20, 2026

Whittlesea Rodeo Series #1404 Whittlesea showground

 


The rider whispered, "Just eight."
The bull replied, "Not even three."

One came chasing glory,
one came guarding pride
both signed the contract
with dust as witness.

The crowd counted seconds.
The bull counted coups.

Funny how, in the rodeo,
everyone applauds...
the argument no one wins.


Sony A7RV

FE 70-200mm f2.8 GM



Check out Candid 1128


8 comments:

  1. There are two scores for a bull ride, one for the rider, and one for the bull. The harder the bull bucks the higher the score, and the better the rider rides the higher his score if he stays on for eight seconds. If the rider doesn't stay on for eight seconds there is no score. This cowboy looks good in your fine action photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just eight can be a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful rodeo:)) Good monday, kiss Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that Jeff has been to more rodeos than I have. Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo
    Hope he gets a good score
    Happy Monday
    My post today is
    HERE

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scene again... thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday . And of course the poem!

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a rodeo theme going on. I photographed at a rodeo in April. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor animals. They have no choice. And yes, no one wins. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete