Beneath bright boughs of borrowed cheer,
The waiting crowd stands calm and still;
For hope has long outlived the year,
And patience bends to quiet will.
The city's noise may rise and fade,
Its glitter neither bought nor won;
Yet simple joys, by hearts displayed,
Outshine the splendour of the sun.
Sony A7RV
FE 35mm f1.4 GM
Check out Candid 1306

Very nice
ReplyDeleteA very nice photo. I'm guessing people are in line for a shop to open?
ReplyDeleteYes I often avoid busy traffics
DeleteCom més gran em faig, menys paciència tinc per aquestes coses.
ReplyDeleteSalutacions!
I see the windows every year but I've never noticed the decoration above the windows.
ReplyDeleteFrom time to time there is something different
DeleteLa pillaste en el momento menos preciso. je je je
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo
That person in the foreground has a runny nose for some reason. I hope it is not the Covid virus. It is still around infecting people.
ReplyDeleteone of the three covid rsv and influenza
DeleteLots of "alive" in this one-- even the nose-wiping!
ReplyDeleteMerecerá la pena entrar en el establecimiento, para hacer una buena compra. Los escaparates son un buen reclamo, para antrar y comprar.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Lovely street candid 😍
ReplyDeleteI noticed the person with the sniffles too. In Aurora we've had bad air all summer, Terry and I have gone through a lot of kleenex. Loved the alliteration in "Beneath bright boughs of borrowed cheer." The hanging decorations are cheerful. Happy weekend!
ReplyDelete