Labels

Acland St (11) Albert Park (39) Alma Rd (1) Alowyn Gardens (3) Altona (1) Ascot Vale (46) Australia (103) Balmoral Ave (13) Beach Rd (19) Bendigo Joss House Temple (2) Birdwood Ave (5) Birrarung Marr (29) Bourke St (61) Box Hill (51) Brighton beach (3) Brisbane (39) Brunswick (9) Brunswick St (13) Buckingham Ave (11) Buckley St (3) Burleigh Heads (2) Carlton St (1) Carrington Rd (4) Collingwood (3) Collins Arcade (27) Collins St (86) Cragieburn Rd (5) Craigieburn (10) Craigieburn Rd (8) Dandenong (1) De Graves st (66) Dockland (9) Elizabeth St (50) Epsom Rd (49) Exhibition St (14) Fairfield (1) Federation Square (51) Fitzroy St (23) Flinders lane (17) Flinders st (73) Footscray (2) Hardware Lane (1) Hopetoun Tea Rooms (4) Hosier Lane (26) Ivanhoe (1) Jeff's Shed (1) Kerr St (1) King St (3) Lake Tyrrell (1) Lakeside Drive (37) Latrobe St (42) Little Collins St (8) Little Flinders Lane (19) Lonsdale st (13) Luna Park (9) Lygon St (1) Maroondah Hwy (1) Melba Hwy (2) Melbourne Central (12) Mornington Peninsula (2) Narre Warren (1) National Gallery Victoria (2) Nelson Rd (8) New Chancery Lane (1) Nicholson St (4) Noosa (2) Northcote (4) Pellegrini's Espresso Bar (1) Pier St (1) Port Melbourne (1) Port of Melbourne (2) Pousties Rd (4) Prahan (4) Presgraves Place (2) Princes Bridge (5) Punt Rd (1) Queen St (1) Queen Victoria (31) Racecourse Rd (2) Russell St (24) South Melbourne (5) South Yarra (2) Spencer St (14) Spring St (5) Springvale (42) St Kilda (38) St Kilda Esplanade (1) St Kilda Rd (20) Station St (8) Sydney CBD (5) Sydney Rd (2) The Block Arcade (1) The Causeway (15) Victoria St (6) Victoria parade (1) Werribee Park Mansion (1) Werribee South (1) Whitehorse Rd (3) Whittlesea (31) Williams St (3) Yarra Bend Rd (1) Yarra Boulevard (1) Yarra Glen (3) Yarra River (5) Yarraville (7) collin st (1) little bourke st (16) little lonsdale st (3) south Bank (65) southern cross station (5) state library (11) state parliament (1) swanston st (166) sydney (11)

Tuesday, October 21, 2025

Melbourne Candid Series #1224 Kisume Restaurant Chef's table


Inside Kisumé’s hush of glass and gleam,
The counter hums—a river’s dream.
The chef, back turned, composes grace,
Steel and sea in quiet embrace.

Behind him, bent in focused line,
The sous-chef hunts the missing knife
A slender blade, a slip of light,
That cuts through ritual, art, and life.

Steam rises soft, the lamps are low,
Time folds beneath the sushi’s glow.
Two figures move, as breath to flame
In wordless craft, they share one name.


Sony A7RV

FE 14mm f1.8 GM

Check out Candid 978

17 comments:

  1. Fine candid photo of the inside of this cafe. That worker has his eye on you, and wondering what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, then she relaxes as it was too dark to get anything in there on camera

      Delete
  2. I like this photo -- timed well and photographed well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sort of food do they look? If it's Asian, Korean and Thai are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your poem and the photo. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben concentrats amb la feina, tant l'un com l'altra.
    Salutacions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pendiente de que el negocio marche bien. Hay que prestar la máxima atención a los clientes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sin duda, un local extraordinario donde pasar un rato agradable.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'day mate
    It’s been some time since I last stopped by. I’ve been a bit busy with activities outside my online work. Sorry for being away I’ll be back soon to read your amazing photos

    Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool photo and I am amazed of how you can paint such a great atmosphere in words Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, now I am truly amazed. Your poetry accomplishes the impossible! It is rich, beautifully written, but it's never mechanical. When I first read someone refer to your "poetry" I was surprised! All I saw and read was simply beautiful story telling. Well done! I can think of no finer complement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creative photo and poem too ~ thanks,

    https://anartistreflects.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hungry now. Great post.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete